Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A new sensation...

In the middle of lab last week I had a moment of clarity, and it wasn't about the box of minerals we were studying. No, instead I realized, for the first time in a long time, possibly the first time ever, that I was in absolutely

no . . . . . rush . . . . . at. . . . all.

It was a wonderful feeling. I already had the time for the lab blocked out in my day. I wasn't expecting to leave early, or to be able to leave early. I was able to relax and just focus on the task at hand. It was great. And it wasn't like I had achieved some inner peace or anything. No, I still knew that when I left I had all the same chores to take care of, but I also knew that everything would be fine while I was in class. And as a corollary, an extra few minutes wasn't going to suddenly make life outside of class any less hectic. Trusting that the time I had set aside to attend class was indeed best spent attending class was very calming.

It was quite a revelation, one that I hope I can tap into during my other classes, and in other facets of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment