Friday, September 3, 2010

Floor plan...

After today's morning classes I got home just before lunch to hang out with our 4 year old for the afternoon. While I was gone, she and mommy had covered the family room floor, pretty much wall-to-wall with two couches worth of cushions. Upon my arrival, she explained that she had built a house for her dolls. Here was a bedroom. Here was the kitchen. She's the mom, the dolls are the two sisters, and the stuffed dog is the baby brother. There was a whole back story to what had happened in the morning, and why one doll was in the stroller and one was not, and what their plans were for the rest of the day. It was very involved, and I got filled in.

Of course, on first blush, what had I seen in all the cushions placed together on the floor?

Plate tectonics.

It's only been two weeks, but so far I'd say the science classes are working.

1 comment: